Monday 1 August 2011

Summer and Fall

The kids had their first overnight with their Dad over the weekend.  The were both apprehensive about it at first, but they both did really well and are looking forward to their next one.  They each have their own rooms at his place, so that helps.

I had a night alone!  It was nice to be able to do whatever I wanted.  I cleaned up first, then had a long bubble bath.  Then, I watched movies, ate nachos, had a smoothie, and did laundry  in there somewhere!  I went for coffee at 10pm, which was strange because I rarely get to leave the house after 9, and the kids are always with me.

I really do want the visits to work out.  I want the schedule to work, everything run smoothly, and things just work great. 

This fall is going to be different for sure.  I am going to be in College full time taking Social Services Worker, and the kids will be gone every second weekend.  On those weekends, I will get them out to school Thursday morning, and not see them again until Monday after school.  I've never been away from them that long, and definitely not that often.  It's gonna be strange.  Probably difficult for the first little bit, but as long as it runs smoothly, then I'm okay with that.

Emotionally I am doing okay.  I've had some breakthroughs and realizations which have helped me significantly.  I still see my counsellor once every two weeks, but I am anticipating that will stop once fall comes since I will be in school during the day, every day.  I guess I'll wait and see how that works out.

My biggest need right now is a car.  I haven't had one for over a year, and I'm thinking it's time I get one.  It will be especially needed since I will be in school, getting to and from is pretty important!  It's not that far to walk, but in the bitter cold, I am thinking walking will not be an option.  Plus, I'll need to pick up my daughter from school since she is too told to take the bus.  Again, guess I'll wait and see how that works out.

That's all for now!! I gotta get back at the Philosophy stuff!!

1 comment:

  1. So pleased to hear an update from you. Glad that things are going as well as they are.
    We are super busy right now with Daniel's wedding this Saturday and David's 5 weeks after that but I often think of you and wonder how you are.
    Take time to revive and refresh on those days you have to yourself. Keep on enjoying life One day at a time. {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete