Sunday 5 June 2011

Totally Random Quotes

"One day last week I was getting stressed about something, so when I came home at lunch, I “forced” my husband to just lay down with me for 10 minutes and cuddle me as I talked about what was on my mind. That made a world of difference in my day.

I say “forced” because physical touch is not my husband’s love language, and I sometimes have to make him fulfill what I need as it doesn’t come naturally to him."


"I said something to my husband last night that must have struck a cord with him, and he got mad. We were all planning to go to the movies, but he opted to go home instead. I took the kids and their friend to the movie by myself. When I got home, Honey and I didn’t talk, and I went right to bed. I was reading in the New Testament where Paul says, “To live is Christ, but to die is gain.” I was wondering how I could die without killing myself, just so I could get to Heaven. Of course I thought about my kids, family, and friends that I couldn’t imagine being without. And I thought about how I want to raise my kids in a great environment, with them having the best childhood possible. That is not happening right now, and that makes me feel guilty. I wish I could come right out and tell you everything that is going on, but I have real life friends that read this blog, and, well, word gets around."


"Most of the arguements between my husband and I center around money - mostly the lack thereof... Both my husband and I, with our combined incomes, make more than enough to keep our house and family running - with money left over. For some reason, no matter how may times I write down our income and subtract our expenses, it always turns out the same - money left over. The funny thing is, that money never seems to appear. It shows we should have it, but I don't see it. And, before we know it, we are waiting for our next paycheck. I don't understand, and it really contributes to my stress level. I should be living comfortably, not stressfully."


"As I was watching Elliot's anger flare, it made me realize that no one was angry for me when I was diagnosed. I don't have a father around, and I didn't talk to my step dad about it. It made me realize that I didn't have a dad to get mad about a lot of injustice's that happened in my life. I want someone to love me so deeply that they are having trouble with the fact that I'm bipolar. My husband continuously brushes it off. That just hurts me."


"After leaving the Hospital, I had a sudden revelation as to what I want to be when I grow up. I want to be a Professional Listener. Everyone has the need to be heard and understood. The lady in the Care Home wanted someone to listen to her and entertain her, I needed someone to vent to, and the friend needed someone whom she could confide in and find understanding from. This is a basic need! I want to be someone that goes around to Hospitals, homes, and other places where people would find so much wellness in just talking to someone for a while. I want to be able to share with them and pray with them. Question is, what kind of job gives me the opportunity to do this and get paid for it??? I know that counsellors listen to people, but they also need to give them advice in changing their life. I don't want to do that, per se, I want to meet them where they are, in a non-threatening environment, to talk and share about life and such."

5 comments:

  1. In California, there is an agency called MENTOR. For my clients who lived in skilled nursing facilities and needed someone just to talk with or do activities together were paid employees. My clients were all developmentally disabled adults. They may have such services in Canada for DD or SNF or something else that is a paid service. You can check out services for developmental disabled services and nursing facilites in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That's cool. I never heard of that before! It makes sense though... lots of people just need someone to listen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what is available up there is Canada, but we have an organization in our area that is called, visiting angels. You can google them for more information on them. I do believe they are close to nationwide here. They are not the only organization of that type.

    They basically help home bound individuals with basic housekeeping, meal planning, etc. These are things they have trouble with doing at this point in their life. My mother uses their services, because she can't drive anymore. She has early stage dementia. Her caregiver 'sharon' is someone that just loves! She takes her to the grocery store, helps her plan meals, makes sure she takes her meds, drives her to church and her hair appt, and she is basically the cat's meow to mom! They have become friends, and she is a huge asset in mother's life.

    A family member was recently released to his mother's home, because of a burn accident. He also uses this service. They help him take his walks, help him bathe and dress, etc. He likes the person to visit with him, because at this point his mother is the only one there! lol! Nice to chat with someone else ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Counselors are not supposed to give advice...they are to listen to the client and help the client come to realizations themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah - I would love to do something like that!! I like the talking thing, but not so sure about the Personal Care Aide part of it. Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it!

    Anon - Thanks for coming by. I agree with what you say a counsellor does. And, when people have trouble putting things together, the counsellor guides them to see the truth. Again, thanks for coming by, and come back any time!

    ReplyDelete