Tuesday 24 May 2011

Struggling

First of all, thank you so much, J, for your positive words and encouragement. I really appreciate your thoughts and comments, and especially your prayers.

I did 2 of the 3 things that were on my list last night, and I did one thing that wasn't. So, that is pretty good.

This morning started out bad with both kids being disrespectful towards me. I crawled back in to bed when they left for school, but then my Mom called and asked if she could come over to spend the morning with me. So, I got up and showered and was ready for the day when she arrived. We hung around home for a while, then went out for lunch before she went to work and I went to my counselor appointment.

We didn't work on what we had been working on recently (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), and instead dealt with the current situations of my life - depression and children. She said some harsh things to me that I need to take into consideration. There are things I have to change that I am just not wanting to do.

I am really not feeling well right now. My emotions are everywhere. I need to figure out what to do to cope.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you had a difficult day, but I'm glad that you took care of yourself and had your mom come over. In terms of PTSD, sometimes it is best to deal with the present no matter how unpleasant. I know my therapist has been saying some tough things to me and I get angry or feel "bad." You will change when you are ready...don't worry too much.

    ((((((hugs)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, CC! Thanks for coming to find me and for commenting. I really appreciate your encouragement. Good days and bad days, we all have them. I know that I need to deal with stuff, I'm just finding it really hard to do. But, one day at a time, right?

    ReplyDelete