Friday 23 September 2011

Hug Goodbye

I went to see my counsellor today for an unplanned visit.  I went there with intention, even though I was scared out of my mind...

I have been thinking a lot lately about my progress versus need to see a professional.  Every time I would even think about our upcoming session, I would get panicky and stressed.  I still don't know why this happened.

Anyway, today I went to see her.  I knew I had to "break up" with her and putting it off wasn't beneficial to either of us.  It was small talk to begin with, then I acknowledged that I was avoiding my reason for being there.  Finally I just came out and said it, "I don't think I need to see you anymore."  Her response was, "You were avoiding telling me that?" 

So, we talked about my reasons for coming to the conclusion that I no longer need to be seeing her on a regular basis, and why I was scared to tell her.

All ended well.  She said her door is always open for any time I need to vent.

I love her.

Just before leaving her office, I asked her if it was okay if I hug her.  She agreed.

That was the hug goodbye.

1 comment: